Our rebate programs are another way you can help the environment and save energy and money at the same time. We offer great rebates on a variety of Residential Programs and Business Programs for energy saving appliances and equipment. CONSERVE energy for the environment and SAVE money for yourself.
Click on the headings below for rebate information. Click the heading again to hide the information.
Commercial and Industrial Off-Peak Heat Program
This service is available to any three phase commercial or industrial customer currently having service under another rate schedule. This rate is for off-peak service to energy storage loads that are remotely controlled by Willmar Municipal Utilities. Service is available 8 hours per day, 11:00pm-7:00am.
Benefits of this program:
- A discount of 20% will be applied to the energy charge/kWh
- The demand portion registered on the off-peak meter will be forgiven
- The rate is not subject to any energy acquisition adjustment
- There will be no additional customer charge for the second meter
WMU will furnish the meter, the current transformers (if required) and the off-peak equipment. In addition WMU, will cover the cost incurred for this equipment installation. The meter socket and all other associated equipment and installation will be the customer’s responsibility.
Commercial and Industrial Lighting Retrofit Rebate
Energy Star Appliance Rebate $50/Appliance
Purchase an Energy Star Rated Refrigerator, Clothes Washer or Dishwasher and receive $50 for each appliance.
Off-Peak Water Heater Credit $10/month
Visit the Off-Peak Water Heater Credit Page
If you have an 80 gallon or larger water heater, sign up for our off-peak water heater program. Your water heater will only be energized from 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM. You will receive a $10 per month credit on your electric bill.
Commercial LED Lighting Rebate
How to Apply for lighting rebate:
- Contact Willmar Municipal Utilities to verify rebate fund availability and project qualifications. Request application.
- All information including, invoices for labor and material, quantity and specs for lighting that was removed and installed, hours of operation along with completed form are mandatory for rebate payment.
- The maximum project rebate amount shall be the lesser of 50% of the project costs or $10,000 (capped).
- Self installation or installation not performed by a certified electrician will not be considered for project cost.
- Total maximum rebates paid per customer is $10,000 per program year. Rebates are not retroactive.
- Interior and exterior lighting replacement are not calculated the same.
Central Air Tune-Up